Home » Event

Category: Event

woman rowing

Rowing Seminar

Sunday, June 5th 3:00PM- 4:30PM

at CrossFit Templar provided by Patrick and Dori Johnson

If you are looking to be more efficient on the rower, this opportunity is for you!
Learn from some of the most experienced instructors around .

Seminar Cost is $30 per person

Sign Up

 

The seminar will have a longer technical portion followed by a workout. Video analysis
feedback will be provided to each attendee during class. Come prepared to work out.

Instructors:

Patrick Johnson

Rowing coaching experience:
• started Division I women’s rowing program at the University of Tulsa (Tulsa, OK), and served as head coach for two seasons
• 10 years of coaching the rowing team at the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, MN) with numerous boats reaching the grand finals and earning medals at the Dad Vail Regatta (largest collegiate rowing regatta in the US) – including victories in the Men’s Varsity Heavyweight Four and the Women’s Varsity Heavyweight Pair
Rowing experience:
• 3x elite national champion (ten time medalist in seven different elite boat classes)
• multiple medals earned at the Head of the Charles (including multiple medals in the lightweight single across three different decades and a medal in the Championship Double with coach James Dundon)
• 4th at 1998 World Championships Trials in the lightweight double (with coach James Dundon)
• 1999 Canadian Henley champion in men’s lightweight pair
• 3rd at 1999 Pan American Games Trials in the lightweight single
• 3rd at 2013 World Championships Trials in the lightweight pair (with 612 Endurance teammate Dima Koshevy)

Dori Johnson

B.S. Therapeutic Recreation, Oklahoma State University. Certifications include USRowing Level 2 Instructor, World Paddling Association Level 1 Instructor, PaddleFit Level 1 Instructor, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, Adult & Child First Aid/CPR/AED

Recess Games

Recess Games for Hopekids

Who

Friends and family of the Crossfit Templar community…..and anyone else who wants to have fun

What

A FUN team competition to raise awareness and raise money for HopeKids, a 501(c)(3) non-profit providing ongoing events, activities and supportive family communities for children with life-threatening medical conditions. (Think Make-A-Wish, only instead of one huge wish, they get to participate in events a few times a month.)

When

Saturday, June 18th from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.

Where

Crossfit Templar

Why

Josh Cinnamo is participating in an invite-only powerlifting meet called Relentless. The meet is in Rosemount on July 8th & 9th, which attracts some of the best lifters in the U.S. and raises funds for HopeKids. In fact, over $225,000 was raised at last year’s meet! Josh has been paired with a HopeKid who is battling/living with a rare form of brain cancer and will lift and fundraise on behalf of the young man. Because Templar has been such an integral part of Josh’s growth as a lifter, he’d love to share that same community support with HopeKids.

How

Soon there will be a communication for signing up on Wodify, just as you would any other class. This will NOT take away from paid visits or punch cards. Everyone who signs up will be divided into teams; we do the thinking for you so you don’t need to stress out about creating your own team. Again, fun is the key objective.
Additionally, there will be a link sent out to Josh’s donation page. The money will go directly to HopeKids on behalf of Josh and Crossfit Templar’s members. There is no minimum donation…there is no maximum donation, either (wink-wink).
Also, for those with questions about donations and how they are dispersed by the organization, HopeKids uses 90% of the funds donated on the children and their activities. You’d be hard-pressed to find an organization using charitable dollars so efficiently; the remaining 10% is used for administrative (4%) and fundraising (6%) expenses.

**If you have questions about the event, the donations, how to sign up, etc., please contact Josh/Kate Cinnamo or Gretchen.