As you all know CrossFit Templar and CrossFit Blacksite continue to grow and we are starting to experience full classes. In order to ensure all our athletes have a fair opportunity to attend classes and also enjoy safe and efficiently run classes, we need to address some administrative issues regarding class registration.
BASIC CLASS REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION RULES (Nothing too complicated, I promise.)
1. YOU MUST REGISTER FOR CLASSES.
2. Class registration and early cancellation closes 30 minutes prior to a class. If you cancel a class after the 30 minute window, it will become a “late cancel” and you will be charged for the class. If you register for a class and don’t show up, it becomes a “no-show” and you will be charged for the class.
3. There is a wait list option for full classes. If an individual early cancels (30 minutes prior to a class), the first person on the wait list will get that open slot. You can check your account to see if you are moved from the wait list to the class.
4. You can register for a class 4 days in advance. However, you will not be able to register for a class beyond your monthly “account reset” date. If there is a high-demand class that you want to register for beyond that date, send me an email and we’ll be more than happy to get you registered if there is still availability.
5. If there are no athletes registered for a CrossFit Blacksite class, there’s a good chance a coach will not be coming to the class (especially the 0530 class). So beware of just showing up when nobody is signed up. Also, if you are the only person registered for a class, don’t feel bad and cancel. We’ll open up and train for just one athlete–that’s how much you mean to us.
CAVEATS (To show I’m not an unreasonable a**hole)
1. I completely understand that life happens, you get caught in traffic or a kid is up all night sick and that 5 am alarm doesn’t wake you up, and you get that dreaded “no-show” or “late-cancel” listed on your account. It’s not the end of the world, send me an email explaining your situation and we can usually rectify your account. However, don’t mistake my understanding good nature for weakness. “No-shows” and “late cancels” should be a rare occurrence and if you start setting a pattern of “no shows” or “late cancels” we are surely going to have some issues.
2. If a class is full and you are not registered, please don’t come in hoping to squeeze into a class. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY! We set class limits for a reason–safety, effective coaching and efficiently run classes are very important to us. However, if a class is not full and you don’t make the 30 minute registration cut off, we can usually get you into the class. However, if the class fills up, there is a chance you’ll get turned away and, once again, we don’t want to make this show-up-whenever registration technique a habit.
CONSEQUENCES (Newton’s 3rd Law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.)
Let’s keep this simple. If you you consistently violate the aforementioned rules (especially late canceling or not showing up for classes) this will be my graduated response.
1. I will ask you to stop doing it.
2. I will send you an email asking you to stop doing it.
3. I will send you an email informing you I cancelled your membership. (I reserve the right to skip steps 1. and 2.)
In closing, adhering to and enforcing these rules will be extremely important as our CrossFit community continues to grow. Prime class slots are going to become more sought after and valuable. You guys are always receptive to new rules and consistently show deep consideration for your fellow athletes so I don’t foresee any issues. Thanks in advance.
Complete as many rounds as possible in 2o minutes of:
7 Sumo Deadlifts (275/185)
7 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
7 Ring Rows